If you like chocolate and and you like pie, then this "chocolate pie" recipe is just right for you.
- 1 (9-inch) pie shell, unbaked
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (5.33 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Prepare unbaked pie shell.
- Mix sugar, cocoa and margarine. Stir well, add eggs and beat with electric mixer for 2 1/2 minutes.
- Add salt, milk and vanilla extract. Stir in pecans, if desired.
- Pour filling into pie shell.
- Bake At 350 F for 30-45 minutes.